So you’ve finally made the decision to put in a new patio door. You searched online, you went to the store, and you just ended up with way too many options on your plate. To be honest, that’s not surprising at all. There are an incredible amount of options when it comes to patio doors, which is why it’s so important to know exactly what it is that you’re looking for.
If you fall into this category, then you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to discover how to figure out what kind of patio door you’d like by seeing all of your options right in front of you!
The first thing you need to do is sit down and ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you putting in a new door for safety, to replace a new one, or for aesthetic purposes?
- Are you planning to expand the door frame or will you use your existing space?
- How much traffic will be going through the door?
- Do you have a specific style in mind?
- What’s your budget?
Once you figure out the answers to these questions, it will make your search much easier.
Choose the Style That’s Right for You
Luckily, there are quite a few patio door style options for you to choose from!
- Sliding patio doors are great if you’d like to save a little bit of space, especially when you don’t have much to spare. Not only do sliding glass patio doors fill your home with an incredible amount of natural lighting but they’re also extremely easy to clean.
- Swinging patio doors come in a variety of styles. You can choose from garden, centre-hinged, or French-style patio doors. The great thing about patio French doors is that they’re incredibly classy and completely customisable!
Choose the Material for Your Door
Just the same as the style of your patio doors, there are several types of materials to choose from!
- Wood doors add a touch of class to your home and can be customised to your liking.
- Fibreglass patio doors are extremely easy to maintain, are 100% customisable, and can handle inclement weather better than most materials. Keep in mind, though, that fibreglass tends to be the most expensive material used for patio doors.
- Vinyl patio doors are meant to outlast the test of time. Vinyl patio doors can handle horrible weather. They’re also energy efficient, which can save you money in the long run. And, just the same as the other options, vinyl doors can be customised to your liking.
Hopefully, once you’ve read this, you have a better idea of what kind of patio door you’d like to see in your home. Remember that you can always change the hardware and colour of the door at a later date. All you need to do right now is figure out the style and material of the door and everything else will fall right into place. If you’re still lost after reading this, you can always call in the professionals!