The nomenclature of heat pump usually creates a lot of confusion among people however it can be used mainly as air conditioner for both summer and winter season. In order to cool the room, it will be using the electrical energy and drive out all the heat from the room. During winter season you need to switch its mode by using your remote button so that it can keep the room warm. Also, it uses far less energy for cooling during summer as compared to any typical air conditioner.
If you have installed heat pump in your house then you need to give special attention to entretient de thermopompe which means heat pump maintenance.
Some of the maintenance of heating pump can be done by you only as they are quite simple steps to follow. This will not only ensure proper operation of the pump but also the consumption of energy will be well regulated within limit.
- During winter season when you want to keep the room warmer, prefer not to set the thermostat at lower than 65 degrees.
- During summer season prefer not to set the thermostat below 70 degree.
- During winter season, there may be a chance of build-up of ice or snow on the pump. Clean them in case you find any by using hot water.
- In order to have proper drainage, make sure to elevate the heating pump about 4 to 8 inches above the ground level.
- Make sure that you clean or change the filter at least once in a month.
- If the outdoor coil appears to be dirty then immediately clean them.
- In case you find any foliage around the outdoor unit then remove them. If there are any shrubs around the outdoor unit then make sure that they are at least 18 inches away from the heat pump unit from all its sides.
You must also call the dealer to do preventive maintenance at least once in a year. Following are few check lists:
- Check for duct leakage
- Check for dirt or any other obstructions on filters, ducts, blowers and indoor coils
- Make sure that airflow is proper
- Check the refrigerant is correctly charged
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Clean and tighten electric connections, terminals and apply non-conductive coatings on them
- Inspect the belt tightness and wearing out
- Lubricate the motors
- Make sure of proper operation of thermostat
- Electrical control operations are in proper order
- Thermostat is locked for both heating and cooling time
Proper maintenance will ensure smooth operation as well as longer life.